Todd--it's not a matter of the amount of money involved, it is what I call bad business practice and deceptive practices. I know how it is on island, you get a bill and there's a bunch of stuff listed there and you just look at the total and figure it's not outrageous and you just pay it. Don't forget that the server told the original poster that the charge had something to do with the 'government'. Are you saying that you questioned it and they told you it was a house charge? And again, a cover charge that is known to you up front is one thing, but if this is in fact a cover charge, do they have anything on the menu or anywhere else to state there is a cover charge? Somehow I really doubt it, although perhaps it may appear now! laugh

I'm glad you enjoyed your time there and I was actually planning on checking it out next time on island, but doubt I will. I don't need to experience it personally to know that there are too many great restaurants to choose from on SXM, that I simply choose not to patronize this restaurant. I still think it is way too convenient that the charge is 5% of the total bill and it doesn't matter whether there is entertainment or not.

Carol Hill