After spending the night at Diamond Cay (more open to the east than I remembered), we made a brief stop in Soper's Hole to pick up a few provisions. Mainly, we were hoping to find fresh cream (coffee consumption has been very high), but sadly not even half-n-half was available. We did pick up some more protein and other items.

I received another nasty wasp sting right in the midsection while casting off the mooring and performed an involuntary tarantella on the tramp which must have been quite amusing to any onlookers.

I knew the 6.5 mile trip from West End to Norman Island would be somewhat unpleasant, and considered staying in Soper's Hole, but was a little impatient to get there and spend Thanksgiving relaxing, so despite the 5 foot waves that were still in the channel, we decided to make the short trip.

Wind was 20-25, and motor sailing 30 degrees off the wind kept the pitch and roll tolerable, though I could not clear St. John without a tack to the north.

We've been getting some water in the port engine bilge, and it seems like the float switch is not activating the bilge pump, though the pump will run manually. The warning beeps at the helm increasing in frequency did not make the trip more relaxing and had me visually checking the engine compartment to make sure we weren't suddenly taking on a lot of water. Eventually, I shut down the port to quiet the alarm.

Pirate's Bight is fairly empty (20%?), weather outlook is good and we hope to do a lot more diving today.

Happy Thanksgiving!

M4000 "Lio Kai"