Glad you brought that up, it's only been 13 years and I still want to get it off my chest - you are absolutely correct about expectations. After the first fiasco we always tell anybody interested that it's more like camping on the water. We mention we are cheap and usually don't eat out so there is cooking and cleaning to do, that it might sprinkle at night and you might have to wake up and close all the hatches and then wake up again when it stops and that might repeat more than once. It can be rocky, hot, humid...

My "friend" who's sum total boating experience is waterskiing, behind my boat, was always questioning my movements usually at the point of highest stress, like when docking. His girlfriend who played the primadonna came from below, plopped down in the cockpit, turned and said "can someone hand me my coke". At the time my wife was slaving in the galley trying to get ready to go and I was fighting with something, exhausted and covered sweat on deck; no one had offered to help. Funny thing is they begged us a year later to do it again? They broke up, she soon married and guess where their honeymoon was? Bires Creek Resort on VG! That was probably her expectation for a Caribbean vacation. I have 100 other stories like this. Anyway, somehow we failed to set expectations and a few rules - after knowing them for some time I didn't know he needed to feel in control and she wanted to be pampered. I think you're right, I'm going to send and email to both my brother-in-law and brother and make darn sure they know what to expect (in a nice way and maybe even exaggerate a little). Thanks maytrix

Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!