The hatch dance can be avoided with genset and A/C. And if some people in the group want to eat out more - I'd say let them. Just be sure to work it out ahead of time so you don't under provision.

Regarding the hand me a coke, that sounds like an expectation issue smile I guess it would be good to remind them - this is not a cruise. This is a sailing trip - everyone on the boat is crew. Everyone will need to pitch in from grabbing a mooring, taking trash ashore, cleaning dishes, cooking and even cleaning the boat a little.. I'd say its more like renting a cabin in a remote area than camping. There isn't a maid or chef.

When at the helm, if someone starts making suggestions on how to do it better - ask them if they want to do it. And let them know that once they take over, they are then responsible for the deductible on the boat if they damage it. That might shut them up. smile

I guess we've been really lucky or perhaps I just know everyone we've invited well enough to know they're a good match. Only once did we have someone I didn't know at all and he wasn't demanding or anything, he just didn't help out much.

Good luck with the planning!

Matt