Ours was a code share with US Airways. Like warren said, equipment issues happen, that is understandable.

On both legs of our last cape air tickets, we were willing to get there on our own expense and cape air still gave us a hard time. If it matters, our cape air tickets were full fare no restrictions.

When trying to leave VG, the counter employees kept insisting the flight was in route from sju yet I was showing her my phone with the flight aware app showing the flight hadn't even departed sju. She did not want to give us our luggage back until I pointed out the fact that if she gave us our luggage back and let us go on our way, she had space for three other people out of the 30 or so sitting in and around the terminal to get on the flight. Then it was "no problem, here's your bags"

We were freeing up space, leaving room for other passengers and not expecting anything but to be let to go on our own way. Why the push back?

As it relates to the delayed luggage - not one passenger on our flight had their luggage, all checked bags were left behind. Since then, I learned that the planes flying to VG do not have the weight capacity to carry passengers AND luggage so if the flights are sold out, bags get left behind.

I travel enough to know stuff happens yet when my vacation enjoyment is impacted because I can't snorkel or need to wear dirty clothing for two days, that bothers me enough to make different choices going forward.