I'll concede to the feedback of more experienced folks, but you guys could motor from Hodges Creek to West End / Sopers. It's roughly 11 nm so you could be there and tied up in a couple of hours. Your wives could catch a land taxi (Kevin Campbell; (340) 643-0025) from STT to Red Hook. I think the last ferry from RH to West End leaves at 5:00 (or is it 4:30?). You would just dinghy over to pick them up from C&I with a welcome cocktail in hand. If it's your first time out, you'll probably plan on getting off the dock at Hodges about noon or 1:00pm. You'll have a chart briefing, grabbing onsite provisions, getting hooked up with the cell phone, and generally fussing around in the morning. Text Kevin in advance to arrange the taxi pickup. He is very responsive. If at all possible, have the wives only carry-on luggage to speed up the process - making you carry or check-in the heavy bags at the front of the trip. Have a backup plan (hotel options) if their flight gets really delayed but have them follow the same plan to catch the first ferry in the morning to West End. The trip can then begin!

~~~~_/)~~~~
"The TTOL Member Map Guy"
TTOL Member Map
TTOL Member Map Form