Agreed. I wouldn't want to be stressed to get off the dock and then have to cover ~25nm. Stress+new boat+rookie trip+pushing could = a safety issue. Just take it easy and get some sailing under your belt down to West End and greet the wives when they arrive on the ferry from CA (I only looked at the RH ferries before, so the 5:00 CA ferry should be good for them). Again, encourage all carry-ons for them and they'll hit the ground running. You will have scoped out the dinner locations and have the drinks ready to pour, making you look like the hero instead of the guy stressed out when they board.

Orange_Burst said:
I guess it depends on how comfortable your wife and her friend are traveling without their husbands. I would be okay, but others are not. I think there is a ferry leaving Charlotte Amalie at 5:00 daily. http://www.bviferryservices.com/index.php/schedules Are they checking bags? If flights are delayed even an hour, with carry on bag and Kevin, they should be able to make the 5:00 ferry out of Charlotte Amalie.

If this your first time charter, you might not get out of the marina until after noon, so it might be tight for you to get to St. Thomas before they land.

If it was me, I would meet them in West End. In the 20+ trips going through St. Thomas, we have not been stranded yet. Not saying it can't happen, but their chances are good of making the 5:00 ferry.

~~~~_/)~~~~
"The TTOL Member Map Guy"
TTOL Member Map
TTOL Member Map Form