CS, here's a technique that I use with both chicken and fish. It's easy and quick, and by varying your ingredients you have a lot of "recipes" in your repertoire.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. I hate nonstick, but some prefer them. While the skillet is heating, dry your fish filets with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper, and dredge with a small amount of flour. Add some olive oil to your pan and heat until the oil shimmers. Shake off the excess flour and place the filets in the pan. Saute on both sides until nicely browned. They will be completely cooked through as well. (If using chicken, I use the thinner filets, or pound them to about 1/4 inch thick so they're done quickly). Remove from the pan and keep them warm.

Here's where your imagination comes in. Add some aromatics to your pan (onions, garlic, celery, whatever you like), some diced tomatoes, capers, artichoke hearts, and saute for a few minutes. You might need to add a little olive oil here. Then a splash of white wine (or lemon juice, or vinegar, or chicken broth, or fish stock..). Simmer for a few minutes for the flavors to blend, and scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. You can add fresh or dried herbs if you like. Sometimes I finish the sauce with a little butter. Serve the sauce over the cooked chicken or fish.

Some good combos:

Artichoke hearts, real bacon bits, chicken stock.

Diced tomatoes, capers, kalamata olives, marsala wine.

Minced onions, capers, lemon juice and zest, and white wine or chicken stock.

Onions, apples, bacon bits, and chicken stock. Top with some sharp cheddar. This one really only works on chicken.

Just use your imagination!