Good news for us sailors and Cooper Island's mooring ball situation.

I emailed the good folks down at the Cooper Island Beach Club, via their web site.

Not to worry, it will be normal procedures for us sailing folk as to mooring availability..

We have 40 moorings , first come , first served.

There is a PILOT PROGRAM , for advance pmt, and reservations, but only there are only SIX orange mooring balls at the far south end of the bay in the program. . A wonderful lady at the Cooper Island Beach Club answered me back in less tan one hour. She even sent a photo of what those six new Reserved Pay Ahead mooring balls look like. cannot miss them, they are nothing like 'more seacure' . The Res. balls are ORANGE with a sort of blue wavy band, and they have Reserved printed on the top end.

I hate to confess this, but once we finish up with our boat systems check out at Conch Charters, we are going see if we can work with the wind to sail from Road Harbor to Cooper, but, if not, we will roll in the jib, and use the main as a steadying sail, and crank on the Iron Jenny. We will be able to pick up a mooring, be all squared away, and the good times are on.

Now, , we now are going to spend two days at Cooper , before actually sailing from Cooper, up the Sir Francis Drake Channel to Leverick Bay, north sound, VG.

Thank you all for the heads up, and getting me off my okole. Life is good !