I agree that pricing won't be the issue. Most catamarans are are $1K ++ a night to rent. People wishing to travel during peak season pay comparable prices for airfare. The price of a mooring is irrelevant compared to the primary cost drivers of the vacation which are the vessel and airfare, with provisions/dining coming in third before mooring fees. Yes, all boats are equipped with anchors (or pointy things at the bow as described by the more salty and unforgiving forum members) but let's face it, I don't want to anchor on vacation. That's right, it's vacation. I have one week a year to enjoy in the Caribbean. I don't want to spend the evenings of that one week wondering if my anchor will hold. I can do that during summers at home from the comfort of my own sailboat. Yes, I own a sailboat but still don't want to anchor on vacation. I want to tie up, relax, enjoy sun-downers and dinner, and not think about whether or not I'm dragging. And while I could easily pass each day sitting on a beach, the Captain would prefer to spend more time at sail. Boaty Ball provides an answer to this - more time at sail without having to worry about anchoring. And I can be guaranteed a mooring in a location with a restaurant. (Did I mention I'm the one who arranges the vacations?)

Charterers who are confident and content with anchoring shouldn't be concerned at all with BoatyBall, since they have the pointy things at the bow of their boats that they can deploy at their pleasure. However I will throw in my support for the mooring reservation model since it will enhance the experience for my husband and I.