Originally Posted by Christo
Boatyball have successfully identified an issue/problem for many sailors in the BVI, i.e. the fact that if you want to be guaranteed a mooring ball then you may have to adjust your end-of-day timings to be sure of getting one. Some sailors don’t want to adjust their timings…therefore problem.

Problem = opportunity & market

Problem + solution = profit

However, as I see it, they have not yet identified a genuine solution!

I think the solution is genuine. Like anything though, it does take time before it will work without issue. Dockwa is used in the states and works well. The only significant difference that I'm aware of is that all the balls in the areas where dockwa is used are reservation only. And it also differs in that reservations are not just 24 hours in advance. I think once it is clear that the reserved balls will be enforced, the program will work well. Maybe all it will really take is a strong partnership with the charter companies so they can help ensure guests and captains don't use reserved balls without a reservation.

Main problem is there seems to be zero enforcement with anything in the BVI. Overnighting on NPT moorings..etc..etc.

Matt