Wife and I are mid 60s and have been coming to the BVI for about 20 years. We only have done one land based, all the rest are on a catamaran. For the first 5 years we never even heard of this Traveltalkonline forum. In fact every time I’m in the BVI I asked people if they ever heard of this forum and more then 75% I would say have not heard of this place. This forum is a great place to get needed information. It’s a great tool for anyone’s pre - trip to the BVI or any other place too. (Used it for our Africa Trip). The people here are very helpful in many ways. I always use it especially when I’m getting ready to head back to the BVI, like now?? Mostly to see what’s new and going on in the BVI. We also owned a Catamaran (HoneyCat) and had it in charter for about 5 years. That was a great experience I will say. Been there, done that type of thing. For now no ownership for us, just charter. I have my USCG captains license in both power and sail and used that back in NY on Lake Ontario. It’s not needed in the BVI, but it’s nice to have. My wife and I now are staying pretty much under the radar when we take people sailing in the BVI or when it’s just the two of us. My wife does all the motoring on all the different Catamarans we have chartered. We hired other skippers in the past to teach my wife how to handle a catamaran under power and to show us different techniques each other skipper knows. Now she knows how to handle the Cats very well and she gets a lot of looks when she’s coming into a mooring field on a 50 plus cat and it’s just me on the tramp to get that ball. We have taken people out on many different sizes (mostly SA Cats). Mid 40s to 50’, 52’ and 58’ Cats. I have two different groups that want to go to the BVI ,but this Covid thing is holding all of us back. A friend of mine just got back a couple of weeks ago and told me it’s not worth it with all the testing and etc. That’s why I’m here seeing what’s going on. What brings us back is the nice people in the BVI and the beautiful waters and temperatures. The islands are so nice to visit. The laidback atmosphere is the best.

Last edited by ggregory; 08/23/2021 09:54 PM.