Kryssa, I personally went to the company office at the marina Saturday morning before we left out to ask for the water issue to be addressed. They sent someone out to our boat on the water Tuesday and said it was a bad element. No other boat was offered to us. This was the first of the collapse of our friendship as two of the guests were adamant about the water being fixed and others were not. It caused a big scene Saturday morning before we left out. Everyone has their luxuries. Had the air conditioning not been working , for instance,others would have created a bigger stir than those with the water issue. It's all in what your comfort level is.
We gave the chef the benefit of the doubt the first day and a half before we began asking for the meat that was packed. He just kept assuring us he was a professional chef and we were not to worry about it. By Thursday morning, having packed 5 pounds of bacon for 2 people and only having bacon one morning, things got heated with the chef.
We only had internet at Peter island twice the whole week, which was fine, it was a group decision to try to enjoy the remainder of the trip and address the issues once we returned.
George yes it was a brand new catamaran.
We paid 18,0000.00 for the week for the boat,Capt. And chef. I expect hot water if the boat is equipped. we didn't pay that much to take cold showers all week.
I suppose we could have fired the chef but we would have had to taken over cooking the meals and not all the ladies onboard had cooking skills so that would have left two women cooking all the meals for 8,plus crew,and that was not fair to ask of them. It was their vacation too.