Lakegirl480 said:
There was a water maker on board.
We hired the chef from the company and provisioned our own boat to our liking. We specified the sepa[quote]Lakegirl480 said:
There was a water maker on board.
We hired the chef from the company and provisioned our own boat to our liking. We specified the separated meat but also requested to cook the packed meat to match whatever the meat of the day was. For instance, if
the group was having chicken then it was requested to thaw the transported chicken to accompany it. We asked for no separate meal prep
cooking style. Pork chops,ribs,bacon,chicken,summer sausage,regular sausage,butter and milk were packed and asked to be used in tandem with the group meals. No extra effort on the chefs part.

See this is where I think thinks went badly not just with chef but perhaps your other couples. This makes it sound like the food was there to be used by the group, which is the only way I've ever seen things done on a group charter. Somebody brings steaks,lsomebody cured bacon whatever..but to be used for a group meal. That is no problem I'm sure.

But in original post you said.
"
"Two of us had packed our meat from the United States and it was conveyed to the chef to keep our portions separate and explained how we wished our meals to be prepared."

"The last two days of the trip the two guests who packed their meat wound up feeding the entire boat,crew included,their meat portions. The chef even threw two steaks overboard saying they were soured. This was a lie because we checked the frozen meats each day to make sure they were staying frozen. There was 30 pounds of meat frozen. It is unacceptable that the two persons who transported the meat did not have meat with each meal as they requested. Friday the chef cooked more meat than could be consumed.
Needless to say this seemingly small inconveniences ruined the majority of our trip."

You see the indication was those items brought were to be cooked separately for two couples. That is just unusual and putting out a meal for 8 on a boat is tough enough without trying to be sure these 4 people get this and the other 4 don't. Is it possible that this aggravation at having to share these provisions or not wanting to share was at the center of some of the hard feelings?

If chartering a boat from the charter co we were with and you paid a per diem for a skipper and a cook, you were responsible for providing for their food as well. Now fully crewed charters including food are different.

Anyway I think I would advise couples chartering together have several discussions about what they are going to do. They should understand even on a nice vessel in some ways they are "camping on the water". Things will often go wrong, genset or Ac breakdown..a head malfunction. Shower sump get clogged. Stuff happens. It is not like a resort stay, though the captain and company should do everything possible to make your trip everything they can.
I would also advise using the same plan we all learned in school when they take your candy away. "If you don't bring enough for everybody, don't bring any. ".
I would be as uncomfortable as bringing a dish to a picnic or a church supper and telling the kitchen crew.."this is only for these two couples"

It seems you were on a hybrid between bareboat and crewed charter and it did not work out. Maybe a real crewed charter or just the two couples that wanted to bring food would work better. Not trying to change your mind but if others reading and expecting nothing to go wrong on a charter to reconsider that type of vacation. . I also would encourage people to share and share alike on provisioning the boat. If bring stuff you like, bring enough for everyone. Anyway hope you all get back as friends. Life is way to short to let little things like how hot the water is or who didn't get what at the dinner table to ruin friendships.

I'm sorry for your angst but brought a smile to my face thinking about the late Bill Hartzman's description of some of his charters gone bad years ago on TTOL.. Sail on Bill H .