Lakegirl480 said:
Some of you missed the part where we , as a group, in meetings prior to departure, understood the meat situation. None of the group had an issue with some having their own meat.
It was discussed with the so called chef, day before departure, expectations of how the meals were to be served. He enthusiastically stated it wouldn't be a problem.
So, once again, all we are wanting is a reasonable explanation why we didn't have hot water and why our premium steaks were thrown overboard.

Lake,

Your own writing provides the explanation. You were on a bareboat with a rented driver and cook. The element on the single water heater failed and could not be replaced in a timely manner. In the opinion of the cook, hired to prepare meals for everyone, some of the meat spoiled and was disposed of. I also suspect your tone or the approach of others failed you along the way. The majority of the bareboat captains and cooks have a routine they know they can reasonable deliver without risk. Most will stick to their routine. You may find some fully crewed charters different. Starting with the pre charter customer survey. Checkout in the hours BEFORE you started your charter was the time to dispute any issue that made the yacht unacceptable. CHECKOUT is the time provided for you to inspect the yacht you chartered. At some point someone in your group signed for and accepted the yacht. That was the time to force any issue important to your group. I note "hot water" is NOT on any charter operators guarantee list that I know of.

I am sorry this did not work out for your group. My theory here is somehow your group was oversold a fantasy complicated with some unwelcome in the Caribbean guest body english. Abrupt, direct, bossiness, is not the best practice to gain favor anywhere in the Caribbean. In your first post here you call a person out for lying in a public writing. That may be TTOL first! CatCo is one of the best in the business. An operator that only work with high quality boats that are never allowed to stay in the fleet more than three years. The are also a sponsor here: http://www.traveltalkonline.com/docs/sponsors.html along with many other great operators.