maytrix said:
GTcapt, I think most of us are just surprised that these issues would ruin a vacation or friendship. And I think many of us are also surprised that someone would bring meat and not just bring it for the entire group. "

Absolutely.. There is more between the members chartering this boat than there likely is between charterers and crew. Note..the claim was that the group never spoke to each other again after the "travesty" of cooking the poster's meat for "everyone including the crew" . Seems quite obvious that's when pettiness between the couples hit the fan..,likely the hot water is a red herring. Love t hear the captains story. What possible gain for him not to run engines? Why would his intransigence if true...do anthing but bind the couples together. Nope, not buying

If all three of these couples have boats worth more than a tricked out Lagoon 52..,worth about 1.2 million $ ..why the big fuss over 30# of meat and why the "vacation of a lifetime" if they each own million $ plus boats??? Doesn't add up. 5 to 6 grand to charter wouldn't pay a months payment on their boat loan if had one if true, let alone maintenance dockage etc.. . The personal boat they own is "much better" than 1.2 mil which means their boats are worth 200 x what they each paid for the trip. These then would be extremely high net worth individuals...who are flummoxed over a few steaks and 5 pounds of bacon? never to speak to each other again ? Sorry think there is more to story ...has to be.

Buyers remorse often leads one to blame others for their own mistakes.
I don't even know anyone who has chartered from this outfit, but don't feel they or the crew are getting a fair shake on this site when the complaints seem to not add up to a terrible experience and three couples not speaking after sharing food meant for only certain guests. More we have not heard went on I would bet everything.

But I also think George has it right - should have done a fully crewed boat - that is a very different experience.