Thanks for the followups.

I agree the charter company should have called you back as good customer service. They owe that to you regardless what the captain or cook said. To not do so is not right at all..even if they decided your case did not merit compensation. Shame on them.

My guess is that nobody wanted to make that call. Kind of human nature not to want to give bad news or tell someone "you have no case".

On the other hand the charter company I assume set you up with this captain and this cook. Do they have years of good reviews for this crew, know them, see them weekly, trust them. They relayed your complaints, the captain and cook gave feedback, the charter company came to the conclusion that you were not entitled to compensation. With your complaints as given here, and every other charter guest gave them kudos, I'm sorry to to tell you, they will rightfully trust the crew. A better response would be an apology for your feeling it was not the charter you wanted with a small monetary discount on another charter.

But regardless the only in some ways fascinating and totally bizarre part of this story that we obviously only heard one side of is that you blame the charter company for the disintegration of friendships back home with the fellow couples chartering the boat.

I suspect the comment way back something to the effect " they served the meat people brought to everyone on board including the crew." Had more to do with the hard feelings than the crew actions or failing hot water which should unite the crew in mutiny! smile

So again I would urge anyone not to invite people so you can have the charter of a lifetime and see those you invite as a way to lower costs...take a less expensive course. Then for gosh sakes if you take food aboard, unless a vegan or you have stashed a snickers for personal consumption..share and share alike. It's a party with people. Part of that is sharing experiences and food and drink.

Hope you return and have a better experience. Was not anything about this week enjoyable?