Originally Posted by foreversxm
Over the years we have enjoyed Baie Rouge and even going to Gus's place. I believe in Live and let Live but also in Fair is Fair. The issue as I see it is not the Home Owners Assoc but really more a French Gov issue as neither of those beach restaurants had proper , plumbing, restrooms, water, lights, so no health permit or operating license. It just a safety for the consumer and Gov has that obligation to keep it safe. The French GOV shut them down after years and years of looking the other way and allowing it. They aren't just picking on Gus, they are trying to make if fair and safe for everyone. It is a public beach but the parking lot is Home Owner Assoc owned and the Sunday beach crowd of cars often poured onto private lots and local streets which created a traffic hazard. After years and years of what I would guess was FREE RENT sitting on that beach doing business, and I would guess no profit taxes paid, and no employee taxes paid etc so.... I'd say he is way ahead of his fellow business owners that plays by the gov rules and pays a fair share to support the Island. But somehow you have a few people that's always more entitled and more vocal because they are more local or just a good guy. In one way its kind of a lot to do about nothing but again their are rules for even Gus and the next Gus. I do like having the option of renting a chair etc and I truly wish him a lot of luck but after all the GOV went through to shut them down and clean up the beach which does look great now, I doubt they will allow it to get going again much longer without proper permits. But it is SXM so who knows.

clapping