Well here is another update: on Tuesday we went to Bai Ruge again, rented chairs and umbrella from Gus. The day was a bit windy, our umbrella didn’t work very well, was constantly bent over in a wrong way, lol! I saw a few more heavy duty umbrellas in a pile next to Gus’s stand and came to ask to get mine replaced.... to my huge surprise Gus asked me for another $10.00!!! I said “ Are you serious or is it a joke?” He was serious! I pointed out that we had the heavy duty umbrella before and NEVER had to pay more for it... I was really pizzed. I told him that there is no way I am going to pay more than $20 for a set! He ended up getting me a different umbrella but not the one that I wanted...
He doesn’t have many takers for his sets. Most locals bring their own stuff and I counted only 4 rented sets that day. If Gus wants to survive there- he needs to stop penny pinch people. That will create an unhappy customers for sure!
Instead of gouging people, he should’ve offered a cheaper rate for a set to people who arrive after 2-3 pm, maybe like $10.00. In that case all the locals who come in for a few last hours would rent for sure, but not for $20!
Ok, my rant is over...

"Often Wrong, Never in Doubt"