So, not a sailing story but a driving story on Tortola, some might consider that just as dangerous. My first trip down, 2002, my friend and I and our two young daughters.

We drove down to Brewers Bay and I was petrified of the steepness of the road and too scared to drive out the same way. So we look at the map and try to find another way out , I think we ventured up past Nicole's and wound up wandering along a dirt road. The road got smaller and smaller until we hit a dead end at a cliff...... To this day I have no idea where we wound up at, but in order to turn around I was afraid we would fall off the edge so i made everyone get out......just in case.
It took me about 25 K turns to get turned around and headed back to the dreaded steep hill. Needed a very stiff drink once we got home and I did not drive down to Brewers Bay again for probably 7 or 8 years!!!!

Last time I was down, we turned a corner on the decent down and a safari bus was on fire in the middle of the road right in front of us!!! Not my lucky place, but I do love it down there.

Toast.......to Life; White Bay...heaven on earth.
Diane