Another death and I’d guess when next announced close to a thousand cases. This is what has been seen in the states when it hits. I suspect when they do the testing it will be the delta variant that is latest and most virulent. The alpha variant was much more transmissible than the original wuhan strain and this one is supposed to be twice as infective as the alpha strain.

One article said, the average wuhan strain case infected two people. The delta they believe infects 7 to 8 with each case as the epidemic takes hold in a community. Oddly enough the delta strain is hitting hard in the missouri Ozarks where we have a place on lake taneycomo., near Branson. They like here have only about thirty percent vaccinated and are exploding with cases.

Many of their hospitalized cases are much younger than the original surges in the states. Hopefully that is because the older people were bright enough to get vaccinated. I hope that is the case here because it is going to pretty much go where it wants over the next several weeks. Hospitalization and sadly deaths will be increasing over next several days.

https://www.bviplatinum.com/news.php?articleId=32809

We are on VG and scheduled to fly out Wednesday. I’m a little concerned that testing will be overrun . I happened to drive by the clinic here today and though they say the testing is from 10 am to noon, there was a long line at 130 still getting tested.

I’m not in the business of giving advice, but personally if I could postpone a trip I would likely do so. They are going to have their hands full medically into hurricane season. The good news if there is any with this debacle is that regardless of vaccination status these spikes go up rapidly, plateau, and then drop very quickly in every community. I would think it will be all over by October.

Last edited by Will_L; 07/09/2021 03:55 PM.