I agree in that I don't think it's any consumer's responsibility (as someone stated earlier) to bring up an issue they feel unacceptable to management before they make a post here. Would it be ideal to make them aware of areas needing improvement, sure. How many have stated they didn't' care about the way their dish was prepared yet didn't bring it for fear of delaying the other diner's enjoyment of their meal. Yet, they still expressed their displeasure here about their personal experience.

On another note, this is the busiest two weeks on the island. Some of these small businesses are doing double to triple their normal business. As a result, many of the already exhausted servers are doing double shifts and or inexperienced help is brought in to help out. AND even if the owner is lucky enough to have sufficient servers, it's unlikely they have sufficient cooking staff/facilities that can keep up any semblance of the normal turnaround for a meal given the increased volume.

This is not to negate in any way the experiences being expressed but I personally would tend to cut more slack to any and all establishments during the holiday season.