With over 800 overnight visitors arriving each of the 365 days on average there is more than enough business there for American to run flights from at least Miami and one Northeast Hub profitably. The SJU and STT legs are both very competitive. Some also claim STT is at capacity? The airline offering direct service to EIS will be able to command at least some premium along with capturing some of the cost to get from STT or SJU that many are paying for services today that fall below their expectations. More than 300,000 overnight visitors is well more than enough to support your own jet services.

I have my doubts and concerns about the interim service between MIA and BVI. I expect some of the professional business services will use it. If there is not an attractive codeshare with American or a suitable other mainline carrier I have doubts for the business and the data you would get out of the experiment.

If fuel or demand really does turn out to be an issue? Watch for some flight to run MIA to EIS to SJU to the mainland. The passengers flying direct to Tortola will pay more cents per mile for their seat than the SJU and STT competitive fares and at least one airline will want that higher revenue per seat business.

Today air services from the East Coast to EIS are $700 or more and ten hours of travel time. That is a business opportunity the moment the runway is certified for the planes the airlines have and want to fly.