[quote]StormJib said:
[quote]tothedogs said:
How do people get to other "high end" destinations like St. Bart's, Mustique etc.?

I see you replied to my post asking about your credentials but see no indication that you have any in your reply.

We have a senior airline pilot, people that live on the island in the chartering/hospitality industry and folks who have tons of money invested in the BVI who have the opposite take. I know some of these folks, successful business owners who are pretty familiar with the economics of a single destination (BVI) vs a "hub" (SJU and STT).. There'sa huge difference in landing planes in SJU ..entire Caribbean hub...STT ..St. Thomas, St. John (huge destination for the U.S. and where many here started), fSt Croix..and the BVI.. Your plan has a singular destination..BVI likely from one departure in North America likely Miami or Ft. Lauderdalewith very limited service and perhaps requiring the BVI to pay a carrier as you suggested to run this route at a high fare to attract high rollers. We all have opinions, but when everyone knew the poster was joking about the airline giving him a three week layover in SJU, you seemed to take that seriously and give options. Did you not understand the poster knew he was not going to be staying in PR for three weeks?

You are adamant about this and that's fine, opinions are like noses, but I am still curious about what you believe gives you any more insight than airline pilots, long time visitors using various access, property owners and island full time residents? just curious.