It sounds like the trip started badly and went straight down hill from there. I always use a first tier charter company, hopefully reducing the number of boat issues during the week, but there are always some issues, although often minor (that we can solve ourselves or do without). One trip a year ago was a little challenging. A belt on one of the catamaran engines failed and the engine was overheating. The charter chase boat came to the rescue, but we loss half a day. Late the next afternoon the generator threw a belt and we had no A/C on a hot summer evening. I called the charter base at near closing and was told the seas in the channel were too rough for the chase boat. Could we wait until tomorrow? (We were at Norman Island.) In a calm voice I responded that I was tired, hot, and needed help. About 30 minutes later I see the charter company chase boat crossing the channel with sea spray flying over the top of the boat. He had a big smile, replaced the belt, and afterwards we furnished a cool drink and a smoke. He apologized for the inconvenience, jumped back into the chase boat and headed back to the charter base. I guess my point is ... "[censored] happens". I doubt if any charter company will find financial success by being unreasonable with clients, but perfection is a hard goal to achieve, although most seem to be attempting to keep issues to a minimum.

Noel Hall
"It is humbling indeed, to discover my own opinion is only correct less than 50% of the time."

www.noelhall.com