Originally Posted by bailau
The charter companies are aligned with the boat owners. In game theory whenever you have 3 players 2 gang up on the 3rd. I found this out growing up as my 2 younger brothers who are bigger than me used to beat me up. As a charterer I don't want to be odd man out if the "shell game" of using charter loaned money to continue to pay the owners runs out and impacts the company solvency. I only have limited time to exercise a CC dispute and saw no downside to doing that and no upside to "loaning unsecured money" so boat owners can get their "guaranteed payments". There is no real certainty when the BVIs will even open and open without requiring either immunity proof or a self quarantine on island.

From my charterer perspective the situation is no different than Irma when full refunds were given because they couldn't fulfill the charter end of the "contract"

The situation is reversed for me with our rental property and I told our "odd man out" guests that if they cant get to it for any reason then they get their money back of which I have 1/2 that was fronted to me.

Hopefully they remember you the next time you try to book.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com