I like Moorings. I really do. My brother in law had a boat in their program for many years selling it just before Irma. I recommend Moorings to everybody

I tried very hard to work with them on this. They were completely non-responsive for emails and calls for a while. When I finally reached Florida I wanted to understand their future and business model given that they were paying out guaranteed cash to owners that hasn't technically been (or will be) earned yet and as most travel companies are thinly capitalized. The nice people in FL were just told to try an retain all bookings and couldn't help further. They wanted to put conditions on my credit in terms of time. I cant just pick up and go to the islands on a moments notice (unfortunately).

I then reached out to my friends in the BVI base. They told me they had been laid off immediately and given a return date that was after this rolling cancel date game that Moorings is playing. The fact that the employees were terminated immediately was the straw that triggered me to pull the plug. So while I left the money on the table for the other local businesses as a credit I really had no desire to do that for KKR especially since they levered up and ultimately killed my favorite store in the whole wide world...ToysR'US. As I mentioned I sent some of that money back to the fired employees so they can buy food.

If it means I am banned from Moorings and apparently Jason's place I can live with that. If they treated their BVI employees better we wouldn't be having this discussion.