A couple of things to consider. The first is the actual death statistics. The 2020 rate while slightly above the last 10 years is the same or slightly below the 10 year period from 1980 to 1990. It was expected that 2020 would see a increase because of overall aging. Statistics for other deaths from various medical causes have dropped like a stone. Flu deaths are strangely virtually nil. Florida even classified a person killed in a motorcycle crash as a covid death. The higher payments to hospitals have driven a entire covid for profit industry that has really skewed numbers. There is no money in flu so call it covid! In addition a almost total shutdown of preventive medicine last spring contributed to a higher death rate. It continues to have a impact as some fear going to the doctor where all those people with covid are gathering.
The other point to consider is that treatments are vastly better today than 10 months ago and there are new treatments showing great results coming out as we speak. I caught covid at 62. Not pleasant but I have had a worse time with flu at a younger age. I had no treatment. Even in the 70 to 80 age range most have very mild cases unless they had underlying health issues. Often covid deaths were and are individuals who even a common cold could be fatal because of so many other Heath issues.
One last observation. I watched a woman clearly obese put on a face mask, face shield, gloves and then get out of her car spraying the gas pumps with a spray bottle before pumping gas. She then got back in her car before driving off and lit a cigarette! I could be a Utube sensation had I videoed it!

Last edited by GeorgeC1; 02/10/2021 11:22 PM.