Originally Posted by MrEZgoin
We had a great (and fast) passage from Leverick to Anegada on Friday, had a relaxing afternoon on the boat and a great dinner at the Wonky Dog. The jerk mango lobster has become my favorite.

We decided to spend Saturday exploring on land and I have to admit I never quite understood the enthusiasm for Anegada that is felt by many here, but I finally get it.
When we first visited 12 years ago, we had read a big build-up about snorkeling at Loblolly bay and it fell far short of our expectations. Probably the conditions weren't the best, but it was mainly the health (or lack thereof) of the reef that made it so disappointing. The flat, scrubby island just didn't seem to measure up to the more hilly and lush islands in our eyes.

Well, we had a great day - rented a Moke for the day and made a pretty complete tour of the island and the establishments that were open. I was hesitant to even go into the water at Flash of Beauty, but at my said it was pretty good and indeed I actually had a great time winding my way through the coral heads. Certainly the coral was probably once in much better condition, but with appropriate expectations I was able to focus on the good rather than the bad. I had a stingray swim right underneath me and bury itself in the sand directly below. Almost right afterwards, a six foot nurse shark (probably one of the largest I've seen) crossed right underneath, almost close enough to touch. Barracuda and many other fish hiding below the coral ledges, and numerous potential swim throughs. A spot I will definitely will want to do again.

We visited Anegada Beach Club, which we had not seen and is absolutely lovely. We crossed paths with Jason Helmbrecht at Cow Wreck and had a nice chat. Fun to put a face to the name! Late lunch of Lobster Tacos at Sid's. Great weather - the day could not have been more enjoyable.

Today we sailed to JVD, a bit more wind (and a bit more south) would have made it an even better sail, but still very beautiful and relaxing. Tomorrow morning we go for our exit covid test and have a dive lined up with JVD Scuba (who we have not used before) directly afterward.

Great to run into you! Glad you enjoyed Anegada.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com