Originally Posted by MIDiver
Enjoying your daily reports. We are planning to dive during our June trip. Tentatively with Sunchaser in North Sound and were thinking about booking with Colin at JVD Scuba as well and checking out the area (I am Rhone’d out so won’t be adding that to the list). Older equipment? I don’t really want to bring my own for a few dives. Honest condition assessment? Not a big fan of Dive BVI either last trips with them were really rushed. Guess Busy Bee on St. John has spoiled me.

I don't want to imply that the equipment wasn't serviceable or adequately maintained. The BCDs were a little faded and hoses a little cracked. I'm really don't consider myself qualified to meaningfully distinguish the functional from the purely cosmetic when it comes to the condition of diving gear. We didn't have any trouble with any of it. Take it mainly as a commentary on that we are very used to how SCD runs things having done most of our diving with them. My wife did find herself in the water on the second dive with 1400 psi in her tank (probably the same tank from the first dive). She did notice it before descending and it was corrected. I attribute this to our dive leader having a lot to take care of, anchoring the boat, etc. Overall it was far from a negative experience, and we have a better sense of what kinds of questions to ask when diving with an unfamiliar operator so that there are no surprises.

M4000 "Lio Kai"