I have been living and sailing here in the Virgin Islands since 1975 and I think my favorite memory of sailing the BVI was all the different color green squares, like a checkerboard, on the Tortola hillsides, the little farms and grazing plots.
The Foxy's Wooden Boat Regatta back in the seventies when there really was a wooden boat fleet, some of the most famous Wooden Boats would sail and they were so beautiful. Labor Day weekend in Jost.
I had friends who had their wedding inside the Baths grotto, in waist deep water, and we all attended and had a wonderful time and were the only people there that day. Always anchored overnight in Devils Bay, stern too.
Making sure we had an extra bottle of Cruzan Gold for Albert when dropping into JVD.
Sailing with Charlie and Ginny and later dinner up the hill from the marina at a house/dining room where the owner would slide the roof open , enjoying some delicious West Indian foods.
Heading down island by sailing through Eustatia Sound, and out through the reef leaving Virgin Gorda to starboard, after a night of stories recanted by Bert Kilbride at his Saba Rock outpost.
Dropping a box of books and magazines off to the few residents on Salt I.

It is a bit different here now, but I still keep my eyes open for a wooden sailboat rail down or looking perfect on their hook.