GaKaye said:
RonDon said:
When I complained I was told by TSA not JB that JB pays for an agent to be dedicated to their expedite people

I always wondered how an airline could allow someone to pay for expedited security, and this makes more sense, although it's still not logical to me. When you purchase "even more speed", do you actually get the same screening as TSA Precheck travelers get, i.e. keep your shoes and jacket on, and no removing of electronics and liquids from your bags? It just doesn't see right that these security shortcuts can be purchased.

I know that people can purchase TSA Precheck, but I assume that there's some vetting done before that's granted. Of course, we all know what happens when we assume.

We did not purchase pre-check nor do we have global entry which includes it. Yet both of our boarding passes were stamped expedite or something like that and we just walked thru gentleman told us just empty your pockets. When I asked should I remove laptop from case his answer was "this is your lucky day, just empty pockets no need to remove shoes or jackets."

Don't know how that happened but it was a pleasant surprise---and at no extra cost to us.