Originally Posted by warren460
Alec, I only know 1 or 2 people that like BB. Most of those that I know are not speaking up. Just because they are not vocal means nothing.

I understand that Moorings sunsail does not like it.

I don’t think captain J is in favour.

There are many more.

I know of other charter operators that don’t like BB.

I don't really care for BB either. However - since they are sold out by 7:01 I would have to say there is demand for what they are offering. The fact that some people are unhappy about BB and perhaps even very vocal about it has not dampened the demand whatsoever. Each person can choose what he/she want's to do when they captain their boat - BB, FCFS, anchor or get a slip somewhere. I don't see how reserving a BB is fundamentally different than getting a slip reservation. Take for example Leverick. They own the BB moorings and they own the slips. If you want them you make a reservation for them. I'm not sure beating up on the boaty ball setup is where you should be spending your considerable effort. Let Leverick know how you feel instead. And when the North Sound finally bounces back and has more balls to offer - assuming they don't all become BB - take your business elsewhere and each time you do let Leverick (or some other spot - I don't mean to pick on Leverick) know you didn't come to dinner because you can't stand their mooring reservation system. BB has virtually no skin in the this game - if noone used BB they wouldn't feel much pain. But the establishment that owns the balls surely would. You can gripe all you want - BB has more business than they can possibly handle right now.

Life's short - sail more!