Starting going to the BVI in 1986. Yes things have changed drastically since then, but when a good thing gets out, that's what happens...people will come. Look at White Bay after Kenny Chesney started singing about it. Now even look at Cow Wreck now that he's taking.pics up there....the place was a jam packed zoo when we were there in March. Boaty Ball is just another change to get used to. Good on them streamlining payment online for these so that the owners of these balls can be paid in an easy way directly to their bank account. I don't know how many times over the years I've seen people either not pay for their ball, or be chased.down in the morning by someone attempting to collect it as they are leaving the ball. Personally the extra 5 or 10 bucks over an FCFS is worth it during the busy times of the season. Let's face it, none if us are down there to save money, and the extra money is pretty much the cost of a painkiller. My guess is many of the posters against this have not even used it yet. It's a choice, and we had a great experience using them this past March. Leverick had a management boat there when we came in to verify our boat name. Don't understand why people have their grundies in a bundle over it. Boaty Ball is just managing the booking and payments for the actual owners, so they are supporting locals to manage their moorings. The anger over this is perplexing.