Originally Posted by beachbum1313
I too, had but a deposit on a stay to Club O that was to be in October 2017. When Irma came in and destroyed everything in September, I waited a few weeks to let everything get settled down before sending documentation showing I had a pending reservation that was canceled due to Irma. I did receive an email back from them that they would have to wait on insurance and getting all their records before they could begin to refund to those that wanted refunds. I left it at that, and had not inquired about the refund anymore. I was proud of myself for being patient, but after a while, I got to thinking that maybe I was just going to have to write off ever receiving any of that deposit back. However, just last night, I did receive an email from Florence stating that they were beginning to start refunding deposits, and they wanted to confirm my name and address and then they would be refunding the money. I will see if it arrives, but at least they did contact me without me having to continually request the refund. I hope all others expecting a refund will receive what they are owed.

I wanted to follow up on my original post above to post my experience with the refund. I replied to Florence and confirmed the address she had listed for me was accurate, and on Thursday, January 4th I received an email from her saying she had mailed a refund check in the amount of the deposit owed back to the address that I had confirmed. Today, I went to the mailbox and the check was there. That was pretty quick, considering it was over the weekend. basically. The check apparently was mailed from their US office and is from a US bank with an address in the state next to mine. I am depositing it into my bank account tomorrow, so I am completely satisfied with the results, even though it did take some time for this to get resolved. I just wanted to report this, and hope all the others waiting on a refund have the same success that I have had.

Wayne & Lynne

Wishing I was knee deep in the water somewhere