Good discussion starting to emerge, keep it going...

I think there may be differences in the way a naturist venue is set up and run which influences its ability to attract new / additional customers. I tend to put these venues into two categories: those that are run as a CLUB and those that are run as a RESORT. I believe those run as resorts thrive better than those run as clubs...

Here are how I see each (and yes, there are exceptions in each case):

Those run as a CLUB often:
- allow only three initial "visits" and then require purchase of an annual membership with a significant fee.
- may require a committee of current members to approve the newcomers after the three initial visits.
- may require nudity at all times when on the property... and everywhere on the property.
- may have a small number of older members who consider themselves the "nude police" and loudly call out anyone who is not "nude enough".
- may admit "couples only" ... even in some cases not allow a member to be on site without their partner.
- may further define couples as one man and one woman.

Those run as a RESORT often:
- allow unlimited visits (at a somewhat higher daily fee) for those not choosing to become members.
- offer nice lodging and dining options for all at a money-making price.
- provide full members who pay annual dues attractive discounts on lodging and charge them zero day fees.
- are CLOTHING OPTIONAL to attract (and keep) newcomers and couples where one partner is more comfortable wearing some level of clothing, requiring full nudity only in the pools and hot tubs.
- have a membership which is friendly and welcoming and not divided into cliques that ignore newcomers.
- typically have regular dances and other events to attract a wider range of visitors.

The three resorts I mentioned above fully embody these later characteristics.

More discussion, please.

Bill