Interesting discussion. These are my thoughts based on personal observations and comments. Now I know we are not supposed to get political, but here in Long Island, Gov. Cuomo has decided to enforce state anti-nudity laws. Fact.
Second, I think many younger people feel naturists are a bunch of aging hippies they have nothing in common with, and I believe due to their age, they have not developed a sense of confidence that a 40 something may feel due to personal experience. Third, this very same group feels it's disgusting that old folks have no problem with their"junk" hanging out. Finally, many of those same younger people think a c/o club or beach is a sexual free for all. Hence this is why the politicos and textiles make things difficult for naturist venues to strive. Kind of like a "not in my neighborhood" mentality. Which in a way is the fault of some naturist resorts and trravel venues catered to swinging and overt sexual tendency advertised as "mature adult" clubs.
Again, the question remains. To reverse this trend follow the Haulover Beach model. Organize ourselves and work together to create a beach ambassador program t prevent unacceptable behavior. Work and cooperate with law enforcement. And I know I'll catch alot of criticism for this one , but ban alcoholic beverages at nude beach venues, as I can attest I've seen a lot of people act really stupid. As far as cell phones and photos are concerned, they are here to stay. We must be vigilant amongst ourselves to see this doesn't create a harmful environment. I'm sure we can all spot the pervs who sneak as opposed to the couple (and I have seen this at Club O) who choose to photograph themselves as naturist etiquette dictates.