Bill_S said:
Anonymous said:
DenitaLC said:
CC holds to a family friendly business model which they enforce. Multiple generations of owners have really dedicated themselves to running the Cove. I think those two factors are a major part of their success!

There in lies the rub. Family oriented vs adult only. I won't vacation at any property that allows children. I think that there is a big division in nudism pertaining to some people's comfort level. The same goes with resorts or beaches with mandatory nudity compared to those that are clothing optional. I prefer resorts or beaches where nudism is mandatory.

Anonymous, you are certainly entitled to your personal preferences and choice of venues...and to patronize only clubs that meet your preferences.

On the other hand I agree wholeheartedly with DenitaLC that a major factor in the success of resorts like Cypress Cove and Avalon is their welcoming and inclusive policies that include accepting reluctant spouses/partners and families with children as well. IMHO that is a key attitude in being successful rather than failing due to a declining membership.

Point taken, but the fact is that most resorts that are considered nudist resorts or focus primarily on nudism with families collectively fail. Resorts that cater to textiles, but have mandatory nude designated areas flourish. For example, the Couples resorts in Jamaica. These resorts are very popular and prices for these resorts continue to rise.

Why? (IMHO) They are adult Disney worlds and cater to people on vacation that will throw caution to the wind if tempted. (And, I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYTHING SEXUAL. Couples Resorts are classy places that won't tolerate PDI'S.) These are the same people that will disrobe in Jamaica on vacation with their significant other, but would'nt think of getting naked in the states, much less taking their entire family on a naked vacation to Cypress Cove.

Couples resorts in Jamaica have been successful. N resort failed miserably as have other resorts that focus on nudism as a total concept rather then an inclusion. Seems to be a concept failure that leads to a business failure...just my opinion.