Anonymous said:
Point taken, but the fact is that most resorts that are considered nudist resorts or focus primarily on nudism with families collectively fail. Resorts that cater to textiles, but have mandatory nude designated areas flourish. For example, the Couples resorts in Jamaica. These resorts are very popular and prices for these resorts continue to rise.

I'm not really sure we have the evidence to support this as fact. Couples resorts are doing well, but nude designated areas are an add-on at those resorts, not the focus. Those resorts are probably doing well due to the quality of the resort and effective marketing. I imagine if they dropped the nude areas it would not massively impact their business. It might even be a wash. My son went to Swept Away because it did not have a nude area. (Young people today are such prudes). Beyond Couples, there's not a lot of other examples of textile records with mandatory nude areas. I would appreciate more of what you consider part of that list. Braco would seem to be exactly what you are talking about, a traditional adult only resort with mandatory nude areas, and it failed.

N Resort failed because they were not a very good resort and had no comprehension of what marketing is. It certainly was not a family resort (it was adult only). Meanwhile, Hidden Beach appears to be thriving with basically an identical structure and market, so what conclusion can we draw there? Club Orient seems to be doing very well and it accepts and even encourages families. Traditional nudist resorts in the US are very mixed in terms of success, but some have been around for nearly 100 years. Most of the traditional resorts (family resorts) that I've seen closing have been due to the owners retiring.