I agree it is a money issue, but not in the way you suggest. As a former "owner" of a rustic CO seasonal venture, just as Eric accurately pointed out, if its not profitable it will not stay in business. Unfortunately, Nudists represent some very small percent of the entire population (you pick your own number)- certainly MUCH less than the general population that attends a clothed venue of some sort. This by logic and operation makes nudists venues compete (i.e. fill up their space) with a very limited available population while the clothed venues market to the much larger population. In other words, nude anything is at a premium and to survive must charge more to make up for the shortage of numbers.
Unfortunately, Nudists (many) tend to be cheap, always looking for rock bottom prices and 4 star facilities - guess what folks, that doesn't work, which is why many nudists facilities which you used to enjoy change to clothing venues or simply close. That trend will continue to follow that pattern until we as a population also change. Does anybody think Caliente WANTED to change to their present venue? They had basically very limited choices, go clothing, close or fill the place up with the wild side party people who do not mind SUPPORTING AND SPENDING money on venues they enjoy. Not easy choices but closing was not ever an option that they were willing to entertain - and I don't blame them. While their choice is certainly not for many (most) of us, they have survived where many others have not. And BTW, their demographics is probably 25 years younger than the former Caliente clients and or Como and or Paradise etc. etc. etc.
Lastly, how many of you (us) would pay a serious premium (40-60%)to support our local (or any) nudist venue EVEN if we knew it was in danger and may have to close? The answer to that question will most probably tell us what the immediate future of CO venues will likely be.
Great topic Eric, TY

Last edited by Bare; 09/27/2015 11:29 PM.