Will_L said:
My fear is that taxes and fees will continue to skyrocket to pay for an albatross.

Yeah ... what Will said!

I am amazed at the vitriolic and personal nature of some of the posts in this thread. Discussing the airport expansion is, of course, anyone's right, but will serve absolutely no purpose. The government is going to do what they are going to do. Nobody can stop them as they have a decided mandate from the voters and an impotent opposition.

According to government pundits, the airport expansion [color:"red"]is going to happen[/color], regardless of who among us is for or against it.

If I were going to make a prediction regarding the value and likely success of this very expensive project, I would have to say that I would join Will, George, Glenn and others on the naysayers side of the argument.

I don't believe the airport expansion will fix the woes regarding affordable or easy access to the BVI. Time always underlines truths and reveals facts. As frustrating as it may be for those of us who firmly believe this is a huge mistake, beating anyone else over the head with my opinion is more than a little egotistical. I am not going to change my mind and it is clear where Mr. or Ms. Stormjib stands. The main difference between us (aside from being diametrically opposed on this topic) is that I am not afraid to use my real name and stand behind my opinions ... publicly.