I agree Will. Look at any busy anchorage. The majority of boats would all be $10k or less for a week - many of them far less then that.

The only change I've seen in the 5-6 years we've been doing this is that Moorings has about a dozen crewed 58' cats. It seems that market has increased. They used to only have one or two large crewed cats like that. But even that has 5 cabins so it can be split.

I really don't see that changing much and I'd wager those doing the larger crewed boats (50' and up) aren't visiting multiple times a year like the rest of us.

For us, I really don't see going through San Juan as an inconvenience at all. St Thomas actually would be since it would mean two flights and a ferry. SJU is just 1 flight, plus another flight to Tortola. Cost is close enough to justify the shorter travel time.

If the BVI really is interested in gaining more visitors - I think advertising is a much bigger need. I think many people just aren't aware of the BVI. I talk to people all the time and I'm surprised how many aren't familiar with it at all. St. Thomas for sure and St. John in most cases as well.. but BVI - Tortola, Virgin Gorda.. typically not. At best some have heard of Tortola, but no other islands in the BVI.

Matt