I really don't understand all of the negativity towards this new start-up company! Let me stipulate to the fact that I hate moorings - cuz I remember the days when there were none. Well there were a few, here and there. But they were 'maintained' by the same guy who served you your Mount Gay and tonic, and if you had any brains you wouldn't even consider hooking up to them. The only exception was BEYC, who really did maintain their moorings, and as I recall, they were free.

Are you suggesting that the typical sailor is retarded and doesn't comprehend the words 'Reservation Only'? It's the same as a private mooring, right? And there are many of those all over the BVI. Would you even consider using them? When we had our private mooring in Soper's Hole, over the many years, there were only two or three interlopers. And they were mortified when we showed up.

Furthermore, isn't this EXACTLY what you electronic generation wants? It seems that this is precisely what you kids love (and by kids, I mean anyone under the age of 50 who are inexorably tied to your chart plotters, your tablets, your e-charts, and all of the other silliness that you use to 'navigate' around the BVI,) In my day we 'navigated' using a souvenir placemat, but it seems that you kids call for a chaseboat if your chartplotter takes a dive.

I predict that this idea will catch on, and that in a couple of years, MOST moorings will be available in this format. Why not? It's better than two idiots racing towards the last mooring ball in a crowded anchorage.

Last edited by YachtReprise; 12/20/2018 11:39 PM.