Followup to my post yesterday: We arrived at the mooring around 2:00 p.m. All moorings taken and anchorage more packed than we've ever seen. As no one was on the boat on our mooring, we had no choice but to anchor far out. I probably should have just let it go but I was really pissed off. So we did manage to track to down the captain outside Anegada Reef Hotel around 5:00 p.m. and it was a local captain. He proceeded to talk in circles and act like he didn't understand what was happening but I don't really believe that. Although perhaps if the system is only six weeks old, it could be true. In the end he paid me $35, probably because he was worried we'd embarrass him in front of his guests, as they were booked for dinner. I should also note that Anegada Reef would have kicked them off for us, and the captain did offer to leave the ball when we talked to him around 5:00, but at that point we were already anchored and one Smoothie in so it was pointless by then.

So I'm less pissed off this morning (Anegada!) and I appreciate Boatyball chiming in here. We did successfully reserve a mooring at Cooper last week.