I hear the 'benefits' and reasoning behind this new venture. And clearly the intentions of the people behind this are good. But personally we still don't see any benefits to us as frequent charterers, only negatives.

As GeorgeC1 says...sometimes you don't know where you're headed for the night until later in the day. Yes, there is always a mad rush for balls at a certain time in the afternoon, but doesnt this app just kick the can further down the road? You will have people sitting on the app and booking balls the second that reservations for that day are available. So then instead of relaxing and enjoying being on Island Time you're sitting making sure you're on the app at the right time to book the next day's mooring...a bit like online check-in for a flight that doesnt have seat-allocations! 'Click, refresh...click, refresh...click, refresh...click, refresh...frantic typing'!

Balls have always been first-come-first-serve. This is no different...it just takes the battle for balls into 'app-world' and 24hrs earlier.

Also, we enjoy arriving in a mooring field and then selecting which ball we want, based on the prevailing conditions in that moment...sometimes you want more breeze, sometimes you're trying to tuck in out of the wind or swell. Sometimes there is a powercat filled with young hooligans partying and enjoying themselves...which is absolutely fine, of course, the islands are for everyone to enjoy...but we might choose to moor further away from them, if we're looking for a more peaceful spot for the afternoon/night.

With respect to Anegada, the depth is tight getting into the mooring field on a 48ft mono. We approach very carefully and then select whichever empty ball we can actually get to without grounding! If we have reserved and paid for a boatyball...and then find that it happens to be too shallow for us then we're stuffed. A map/picture on an app is not going to be enough for me to make that assessment.

I'm sure this will work for some people. Just saying, for us...it doesnt.