Originally Posted by Christo
Originally Posted by TWB
I emailed them with that question. Here is the reply:

"All of our moorings are installed and maintained by Moor Seacure. At Anegada the BoatyBall moorings are on that first row and should have at least a minimum depth of 8feet. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Cheers. "

Good info, thanks TWB. Would love to hear some first-hand info from people who have used them to confirm this...I'm not sure I believe that number. I don't recall having more than a few inches under the keel of the Sunsail 47 on any mooring in the Anegada field in the last 5 years...draft on the 47 according to spec-sheet is: 1.65m/5ft 5in.

If reports of crowded mooring fields on this forum continue, along with this Boatyball nonsense...with the exception of Cooper I think we're looking forward to saving some $ and using the hook-thing up at the pointy-end for the majority of places this year. Pomato Point has always been fab holding in the past.

The depth has always concerned me at Anegada which prompted my inquiry. My boat's draft according to the manufacturer is 6'4." I've always used the out side moorings on the front two rows and have about a foot under the keel. Even though I've been told that any of the first two rows would be OK, I haven't tried them. If I can't get the outside ones, I anchor.

My next visit is on the 15th and I expect to anchor quite a bit this trip.