Originally Posted by bailau
Boatyball sent an email justifying the increase in prices as increased cost of "enforcement" as that is on them and not Moorings or charter companies. I will ask Moorings how they are doing the "education" piece in May.

Does anybody know who "owns" which balls? I would like to get the contact numbers so if I have to pay the Boatyball tax and have an issue I can speak directly to the owner?

I would suggest taking any issues you have to the restaurants/bars that are getting the fees as boatyball doesn't seem to be interested in fixing their mess.

Your kidding right? Moorings is going to "educate" charterers. Moorings and for that matter all of us in the charter industry have nothing to do with Boatyball. This intrusion into the industry and the market is an attempt to solve a problem that doesn't exist. It is just that an intrusion. It is not the charter companies problem. This desire to schedule and plan to the last minute is simply not needed. A web page that makes you get up and compete for a mooring at 7:00 AM every day so you can make it to the "promised land" only to compete with someone not playing by the same rules adds no value to your vacation or sailing experience. Frankly at this point I would completely ignore Boatyball and their moorings. Sail where and when you want to sail, have a back up plan if their is no room at the inn and turn off your internet.

Last edited by CaptainJay; 04/13/2019 07:49 AM.