For all the reasons previously stated by myself and plenty of others...but here it is again.

The issue is not enough balls for current level of charter traffic...caused in no small part by the huge post-irma reduction of supply in places like North Sound. Boatyball doesnt solve the problem, it simply means that the early bird no longer gets the ball...the person with the better internet connection at 7am does. Plus of course all the agro that squatters are causing, which is frequently mentioned on here (doesnt happen with FCFS). If they were adding more balls then great, it would be helping to resolve the issue, I personally still wouldnt use it, but at least it wouldn't be negatively impacting me by taking away the FCFS moorings.

My previous comment was as a monohull sailor. I don't sail cats and my post didnt mention cats. It was quite specific on that point! If, as a monohull sailor, i'd booked and paid for a ball and someone was on it when I arrived, I would not motor around for hours while they finish their lunch/drinks, i'd raft, provided it was safe to do so. Then as skipper I would stay aboard until they return and FOQ. Meanwhile, my crew will be enjoying themselves snorkeling, exploring ashore etc, rather than having precious time wasted doing loops around the bay for hours waiting for some cretin who doesn't think the rules apply to him/her. Time in the BVI is too precious to be wasted.

As an aside, we have frequently seen cats rafted at Cooper and other places for most of the day until the fee collector comes around late afternoon and tells them to move. In every case these were idiots trying to save cash on the mooring fees.