Originally Posted by warren460
Once BB get more than a foothold, demand for boaty ball will skyrocket. Not because of a love affair between the cruiser and BB, actually quite the opposite, because valuable long standing choices that kept people coming to the BVI will be gone. For decades we had choices and flexibility. Sadly this may be destroyed out of BB misguided quest to make it better.

In response to some of my postings on BB, I have been told “so don’t use BB”. You can’t anchor everywhere. If BB did not convert fcfs to BB, them I would not be impacted and would view BB as a positive for the BVI. My opportunity to use fcfs are being reduced. as such, I am being pushed to use BB by the change they introduced.

I have been in the BVI 3 weeks since the introduction of BB. So far, I have not had to use BB even once. I had no issue getting a fcfs ball anywhere including Cooper. This will no doubt change with the continued conversion of fcfs balls.

BB has stated that the benefit to BB is that you can sail all day. I don’t get this. It’s typically not more than a couple of hours of sheltered sailing until the next beautiful destination. What’s wrong with spending quality time at the next destination snorkeling, walking the beach, visit locals beach bars etc.

If I want to sail all day, I would head down island to get longer open water passages. I would not go to the beautiful BVI.

+1