Originally Posted by kimharp
Followup to my post yesterday: We arrived at the mooring around 2:00 p.m. All moorings taken and anchorage more packed than we've ever seen. As no one was on the boat on our mooring, we had no choice but to anchor far out. I probably should have just let it go but I was really pissed off. So we did manage to track to down the captain outside Anegada Reef Hotel around 5:00 p.m. and it was a local captain. He proceeded to talk in circles and act like he didn't understand what was happening but I don't really believe that. Although perhaps if the system is only six weeks old, it could be true. In the end he paid me $35, probably because he was worried we'd embarrass him in front of his guests, as they were booked for dinner. I should also note that Anegada Reef would have kicked them off for us, and the captain did offer to leave the ball when we talked to him around 5:00, but at that point we were already anchored and one Smoothie in so it was pointless by then.

So I'm less pissed off this morning (Anegada!) and I appreciate Boatyball chiming in here. We did successfully reserve a mooring at Cooper last week.

What is frustrating to me is that if you were at Anegada a year ago at this time it would have all been a non-event. You would have gotten up early, went to Anegada, and got what was available. Nobody to blame....what's there is there. It's just not adding up for me. Getting online at 7am but 7:01am is too late? LOL. I typically regard BVI as the land of loose schedules.....this seems counter to that.